The Audio Tour of Pikes Peak
If you're inclined to learn more by listening instead of reading, consider purchasing a copy of the Audio Tour of Pikes Peak-America's Mountain.
Approximately 50 minutes in length, the audio tour presents historical, natural and geologic information about the mountain, the highway, the Cog Rail and significant events that occurred.
The audio tour is designed to be played as you drive on the Pikes Peak Highway from the tollgate to the summit, but you can just as easily listen to it from the comfort of your living room.
Get a copy of the Audio Tour of Pikes Peak
- A CD of the Audio Tour of Pikes Peak-America's Mountain may be purchased at the tollgate to the highway.
- You may purchase and download the audio tour from iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon.com, and many other online music sources.
- NEW! The Audio Tour of Pikes Peak is part of the "Guide to Pikes Peak" application for Android Phones, from JustATap.
Audio Tour of Pikes Peak Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Ute Indians
- 3. Foothills and Montane Zones
- 4. Discovery
- 5. Crystal Reservoir
- 6. Gold Rush Days (click for mp3 sample)
- 7. Pikes Peak Hill Climb (click for mp3 sample)
- 8. Sub Alpine Zone
- 9. Geology
- 10. Early Settlers
- 11. Alpine Zone
- 12. Mountain Management
- 13. Mountain Trails
- 14. Cog Railway
- 15. Women on Pikes Peak
- 16. The Summit